Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Well, school's finally over and I know I should be elated, but I'm oddly bummed out. My mood probably doesn't even have anything to do with school.

One Christmas at my old crappy, low-paying job, a girl I worked with mentioned she was allergic to "real trees". Why she didn't just say she was allergic to trees I'll never know. Apparently she felt she had to be specific about the trees being real so I wouldn't assume she was allergic to fake trees, or perhaps think she was allergic to both real and fake trees. (And, no, this didn't happen at an alcohol-soaked office party. This was just a regular night at a crummy assembly line job.) Well, that's my Christmas story. And ho-ho-ho to you too, ass-face.

While writing the above in Star Office, I learned something: never put in any kind of HTML because Star Office will think you're trying to make a web page instead of just working on a text file and then it'll try and "help" by formatting the entire document as if it were a web page. So I ended up having to open the file with a text editor and delete every HTML tag in sight. Lovely, just lovely.










No comments: