Sunday, December 08, 2002

For once I'm going to reach out to my readers (both of them) and ask their help in solving a mystery that's been irritating the heck out of me. But first, a little backstory. My favorite thing about the internet is that no matter how trivial, obscure, or stupid your interests are you can almost always find the information you need. For instance, I remembered liking a stupid Saturday morning TV show called The Kids from C.A.P.E.R., so I did a search on Google and found several sites devoted to this show that literally no one has seen since 1978. So I was confident I'd find information on a show my sister and used to watch in the early to mid 70's called, I think, Ready Set Go. But I can't find anything on it anywhere, and my ever helpful sister won't answer my emails.

I'm not sure about the title. Was it Ready Set Go or 1-2-3 Go or Get Set Go or what? Here's what I remember about it: it was on PBS in the mornings and afternoons, it dealt with teaching kids physical fitness, it was black and white, and it was hosted by a British woman. It was probably made in the mid-60's. I don't know if it was an old BBC show or a US show hosted by a British woman.

I haven't been able to find it in any TV reference I've looked at online. I've even searched through UK television databases like TV Cream and TV Ark, but I haven't had any luck.

I don't know why I want to know the name of this program because my sister and I hated it (but yet we watched it often, I seem to recall). If I don't find some information on this stupid, inconsequential TV show I'll go insane. And insanity's simply not an option during the holidays. Surely, someone somewhere has seen this show. (I also submitted this query to Jump the Shark, but I doubt it's interesting enough for them to bother with.)








No comments: