Friday, December 13, 2002

Even though we're halfway through exam period, I still have work to print out for my stupid, annoying desktop publishing class. Yesterday the lab was closed, so I couldn't do anything. Today the lab was open and I thought I'd finally gotten lucky. Nope. It's Friday the 13th; there'll be no good luck today. First I realized I'd left one of my floppies at home. (Yes, I still use floppies. Sue me.) Then I jammed the giganto color laser printer with the stupid card stock I bought yesterday. I got the piece of card stock out of the damn printer, but on the LED screen it was still indicating it was jammed. I should have just left it alone since I don't know what the hell I'm doing half the time. So I didn't get to print the two Christmas cards I'd designed. (Don't ask to see them.) I didn't want to just leave the printer jammed and not tell anyone like a coward, so I confessed my sins to the long suffering IT guy, who must be used to (or sick of) idiot students jamming the printers and crashing the computers. He didn't seem too annoyed, in fact he seemed down right chipper. Then I left like a coward.

It's been raining since yesterday, which is sort of good because it's been melting the two or three inches of sleet still on the ground. But it's also bad because here, when it rains a lot, sewer gas backs up into the house. When I got home from school the basement (where I reside) stunk to high heaven. You'd think I'd get used to this because it's been happening for a while. And I should be used to the stench of enormous quantities of dung because I grew up a half mile from a sewage treatment facility. So Merry Christmas to all.


No comments: