Wednesday, December 18, 2002

I need to get a new CD player; listening to virtually anykind of music on cheap headphones with a too-short cord plugged into my CD-ROM drive isn't even remotely enjoyable.

I'm really dreading the start of the next semester; I have two classes I know are going to be both miserable and time consuming: accounting and business math. I took accounting this semester, but had to drop it because I'd made it almost mathematically impossible to pass the class by getting a 42 on the first test, despite studying longer and harder than I've studied for anything, ever. It didn't help that the teacher was both scary and inept. Business math? I have no idea what this class is about. I have the mathematical abilities of a diseased baboon, so I don't have the usual trigonometry, geometry, calculus, etc. under my belt. I managed to pass algebra after sweating blood over it and never even attempted to take another math class. After all, novelists don't need math. And blue collar workers with no marketable skills don't need it either, I found out after my "literary abilities" failed me. When my high school classmates were wrestling with the Pythagorean Theorem I was wrestling with James Joyce's Ulysses. So all the failure and misery in my life is James Joyce's fault. Curse you, James Joyce!

I did a spell-check on the above paragraph and found out I'd misspelled mathematical. So not only do I have the mathematical abilities of a diseased baboon, but also the spelling abilities.






No comments: