Friday, December 06, 2002

My twelve year old CD player finally died, and right in the middle of Neil Young's Tonight's the Night. Now what? I tried playing it in my computer, but those cheap plastic speakers sound worse than a two-dollar transistor radio. Looks like I'm going to be stuck with vinyl and (shudder) cassettes. At least I have some good stuff on cassette like Iggy and the Stooges' Raw Power and a couple of Flamin' Groovies albums. I guess I'll live. But I have no Wire, no Television, no PJ Harvey, no Radiohead, no Undertones, no Yardbirds, no Beach Boys, no Richard Hell and the Voidoids, no Nick Drake, no Richard and Linda Thompson.... Maybe I won't live afterall. Oh, God, I ain't gonna make it! Hmmm...maybe in a way this is a good thing. Now that I think about it, I have a damn fine record collection that I never play because I'm always playing CD's, so I should take advantage of this situation and dig into my dusty vinyl. Oh, who am I kidding? This sucks.





No comments: