Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Something deeply bizarre has occurred and I don't know how to process the information. I've been assigned as homework. Yes, you read it right; I'm homework.

Out of sheer boredom a few minutes ago I decided to once again poke through my site stats. Much to my surprise there was an ISP address I'd never seen. I dug further and found out that this new person had hit my blog using a link on an educational site of some sort. I hit the link not expecting to find much, but instead I found that AP English students at a bilingual school in Cali, Columbia had been assigned my blog and a few others to read and compare to whatever highbrow literature they've been reading in class. (I swear I'm not making this up. Go and look before the link's been taken down.) I've always wondered how I stacked up against William Faulkner.

Here's a bit of the course description: "This course will present an in-depth study of great literature from around the world. Writing is also emphasized, and frequent essays, both analytical and personal, will be assigned along with two major research papers. [...] the primary objective of this course is for you to become better critical thinkers, readers and writers."

So it's official, Volume 22 is "great literature from around the world".

No comments: