Tuesday, August 12, 2003

Please kill me.

Who else got hit with the Lovsan worm (or whatever it was called) yesterday? I started having weird error messages later in the day and I couldn't figure out what they meant. I couldn't find anything in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or on Google. A little past midnight my Winpatrol program barked at me and said there was a file called msblast.exe on my system. After a little more research I figured out that I'd been infected. So I did what any normal person would do, I took my Windows harddrive out, put it on a shelf, and stuck my Linux drive back in. Yes, I can get the service packs from Microsuck, but since I'm on a slow connection, I can't download it. I'll have to get a CD from Microsock. This blows. I hate this version of Linux. It's buggy and primative, but it's secure. And I only just barely know how to use it.

So, how was your day?

No comments: