Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Endless horror!

That speech class is going to be three and half months of pure terror. One of the things I've neglected to include in this blog over the past year was the fact that I suffer from intense anxiety. The last thing I want to do is stand in front of people and talk to them all.

We had to give speeches where we introduced ourselves to the class. One of the things the teacher wanted us to include in our speech were our short-term goals. I got up in front of the class and said my short term goal was to make it through the class without having a medical episode.

It's just speaking, you say. What's the worst that can happen? Well, ignoring the very real chance of panic attack, hyperventilation, heart attack, stroke, etc., the very worst thing that could happen would be getting up in front of this fairly large class and soiling myself in big way.

No comments: