Thursday, August 28, 2003

A little extra free time.

I'd been considering dropping one of my classes since I was a bit loaded down and feeling more than a little stessed out, despite the fact that I was only three days into the semester. Well, fate, or perhaps indifference, dropped one for me. Wednesday nights I was supposed to be in a Linux class (I promise this blog isn't degenerating into a computer geek thing), but, typically, I was the only person who had signed up for it. The worst part of this is that the guy who was going to teach the class is someone who actually understands Linux, unlike the guy I wrote about yesterday. This was the only class I was looking forward to because I would've actually learned something I'm interested in that would be useful to me--unlike virtually everything else those horrible, horrible people have tried to teach me.

Last night wasn't the first time I've showed up for a class and found out I was the only one brave, or stupid, enough to take it. At the beginning of last year I enrolled in a class on spoken Chinese because I had nothing else better to do. (Those were the days.) I showed up on day one and sat in an empty classroom for 15 minutes. Fun.

Oh, why did I drop out of school when I was younger? I could have a Ph.D. by now and be a tenured professor of Contemporary Bulgarian Literature or something.

No comments: