Thursday, August 14, 2003

I officially hate all of you.

I've been reading a lot of blogs over the past two days and I haven't seen any mention of anyone else getting hit with the damn Lovesan/Msblast worm. So am I to conclude that all of you have updated your particular strain of Windows and that your computers are safely ensconced behind firewall routers? Or that you're using some other operating system like Mac, Linux, OS/2, BSD, Solaris, BeOS, FreeDOS, etc.? Sure. And yet no other blogger I read got hit by this confound thing.

I like that I have an alternative to Windows in this situation, but Linux is a bit crude in some aspects when compared to a modern version of Windows. And, or course, Windows has more than enough to complain about. If someone could combine the security and stability of Linux with the universality of Windows you might actually have something worth bothering with.

I for one welcome the death of the personal computer and the rise of the internet appliance. Give something like a toaster. Or an electric toothbrush. That runs Linux.

No comments: