Sunday, August 03, 2003

Auto-art for the lazy and weird.

I'm not abnormal after all. (Well, maybe.) I found out there's other people who're interested in some of the same weird-ass stuff I am. For example: Glitch Art, a site that deals with, "The aesthetics of digital corruption." They feature lots of examples of art produced by glitches in video games, software, etc. I've been fascinated by this sort of thing since the 80's when I noticed that if you screwed around with the switches on the Atari 2600 the games wouldn't load properly and you'd get lots of interesting abstract stuff on screen. Or when old dot matrix printers flaked out, sometimes they'd print out weird gibberish that could sometimes be semi-beautiful. I had no idea anyone else was interested in this sort of thing. [Link via J-Walk.]

No comments: