Wednesday, September 10, 2003

Trapped!

I've had the partial use of my mother's car over the past couple of days. This morning I parked it, shut it off, and then couldn't get the door unlocked. I kept mashing the button, but nothing happened. Panic set in. When I panic, logical thought is all but lost to me. The first solution I thought of was to drive back home, honk the horn until someone came out, and scream, "I can't get the doors open!" Then I remembered the windows. I've watched enough NASCAR races to know that you don't really need doors on a car. But if I did that, then I'd have to leave the car parked with the window down. Can't do that. What now? Eventually it occurred to me that the car has a manual lever to lock and unlock the doors.

It's a wonder I'm able to function at all.

No comments: