Friday, July 04, 2003

Ugh, will someone remind me why it's a good idea to venture out into society? I know it's a holiday and these sorts of occasions cause some to celebrate a bit, but there are limits. All I wanted to do was drive to my local discount deparment store to buy some provisions (deoderant and toothpaste, if you must know), but it could've resulted in me being interviewed by the police to explain why I ran over that drunken jackass on the bicycle. This guy was easily six-foot-five and was riding a small bicycle. He had a bottle of beer on one hand and screamed, "Wooooooooooooo," at the top of his lungs as he swirved in and out of traffic. The car in front of me slipped around him as we all turned a corner, but I couldn't get around him. He would look back me, waving his beer and screaming as he went from one side of the street to the other. Eventually he got bored and went down a sidestreet. He was directly in front of me for all of 30 seconds maybe, but it seemed like 10 minutes. Idiot. I wish I had a giant spring-loaded fly-swatter attached to my front bumper, then I could've just swatted him to the side and went on my merry way.

No comments: