Saturday, July 19, 2003

Around 10:30 in the morning I was at a shopping center and saw a girl wearing a skimpy bikini top walk out of a store. She was...uh...very well endowed and could've been anywhere from 16 to 25 years old. (I can't tell how old people are, I never could) I don't get out that much, but walking around in a bikini top in a shopping center in a small conservative Virginia city strikes me as odd. It would make more sense if we were near a beach or lake, but the last time I checked we weren't. Maybe she always walked around like this in summer, after all, it was over ninety degrees and kind of humid. Maybe there was a swimming pool somewhere nearby. The girl with her wasn't wearing a bikini (as far as I could tell). I'm not complaining, mind you, it was just an unusual sight; but I did enjoy it.

To give my loyal (and unloyal) readers a better idea of what the bikini top looked like, I searched long and hard (no pun intended) for an reasonable facsimile. This is the closest I could come up with. It's solid color and not quite skimpy enough, but it'll have to do. I guess the picture isn't quite safe for work, but I don't know anything about where any of you work. Hell, just look at it anyway. If someone gives you any grief for looking at a full page photo of a beautiful woman in a bikini, just break down in sobs and scream, "OH GOD, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! I CAN'T STOP! I JUST CAN'T STOP! I FEEL SO GODDAMN SICK AND DIRTY! I WANNA DIE!! I WANNA DIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!" Then fall to the floor and curl up in a fetal position in front of your desk. I've never tried this, but it only goes to reason that management won't discipline someone who's in considerable mental distress.

While searching for bikini photos (grueling, simply grueling), I found another site that reproduces oddball comic book covers of the 40's/50's/etc. It's nowhere near as good as the one I linked to on Monday (Tuesday?), but it has some interesting covers, like the one with the little kid hugging his dog as an atomic bomb goes off in the background. Unfortunately, the covers are only three-and-a-half-inches tall with no larger images available.

And as long as we're talking about comic book covers, have a gander at The 12 Dumbest American Comic Book Covers according to Atlas Comics. (I think I've linked to this before, but I can't remember.) My personal favorite is this issue of The Rifleman. And like the site I mentioned above, the images are unfortunately just three-and-a-inches tall with no explanations or larger images available.

No comments: