Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Occasionally I find web pages that are so interesting that I spend hours meticulously going through them. FOUND magazine is just such a web site. It features collections of things people have found on the street, in old houses, in thrift stores, etc. The hand written notes, photographs, audio, and other material, when taken out of whatever original context they had, can end up mysterious, amusing, creepy, infuriating, poetic, or just bewildering. [Link via I Remember.]

In a similar vein to FOUND magazine, but far more amusing, is The Inexplicable Object of the Week. This is one of the funniest sites I've ever seen, but it's also one the most frustrating because it's on Geocities and exceeds its bandwidth easily. And I think there's pop-ups, but since I use a browser with a built in pop-up killer, I never see the damn things.

No comments: