Tuesday, July 15, 2003

I've had reoccurring nightmares about snakes my whole life. The dreams are always the same: I see a snake or two or three and I try to run but can't. Suddenly the snake(s) are only inches away. Sometimes I fall down and can't get back up. I usually wake up before I get bitten.

Last night I had a nightmare almost exactly like the snake dreams, but it featured angry turtles. Yes, turtles. First I saw one. Then I fell down, practically on top of another as its large camouflaged head sprang out of the moss and mud at me. Why turtles? My whole life I've loved turtles. I'm one those people that will go and get them out of the road so they don't get run over. And I've never had a terrifying turtle experience (although I've had some interesting encounters with snapping turtles, an animal that can easily remove a few of your fingers).

Several years ago I had a dream that there was a pack of wild poodles living in the woods behind the house. They were white and had those idiotic poodle haircuts too. (I love dogs and dogs love me, but I've never met a nice poodle.)

No comments: