Monday, May 19, 2003

I've suddenly started having problems loading certain Blogger sites. Over the past few days I've had trouble loading Diamond Geezer and Roaming Redhead, but it's gotten worse. Some sites load fine while others either take forever to load or don't fully load at all. I don't know what the problem is because I have the same difficulty no matter what browser I use. (And I've got about six browsers on my system.) I've even had trouble getting some of these pages to load in text only browsers like Lynx. Is it on my end or Blogger's? Maybe it's because I use Linux. Have any of you Windows and Mac folk had any problems like this recently?

I found the following in a draft of a letter to my sister from several years ago:

Commercial on the radio for the Swanee Restaurant, but it sounded like the announcer said the Sweaty Restaurant. Awful images filled my mind.

Another commercial on the radio: "Shave today at Western Auto!" I thought, That can't be right. Then I realized he said "save today". Imagine my embarrasment had I shown up with shaving cream and a razor.

No comments: