Thursday, May 22, 2003

For once in my life I have an idea for something that would actually be useful instead of just annoying: a hum search engine. Let me explain. I'm sure most of you reading this have heard about Apple's new music download service that's been raking in ridiculous amounts of cash over the past few weeks. Well, my idea would be a complement to Apple's service and other services like it. Let me explain further. How many times have you wanted to hear or buy a particular song, but you didn't know the name of it or the name of the artist? You may not know the lyrics, but you can hum a bit of it. Here's where my idea comes in. Lots of people have microphones hooked into their computers, so why not take advantage of them? With my hum search engine you could just turn the on microphone and go "NA-NA-NAAAA! NA-NA-NANA! NA-NA-NAAAA-NA-NA!" After an extensive search of our insanely huge database, the results would be, "Smoke on the Water" by Deep Purple. Ingenious, no? Now all I need is about twenty to twenty-five million in start-up costs.

No comments: