Thursday, May 22, 2003

I'm really bored with how my blog looks. Tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever liked the way it looked. The template's going to get changed sometime in the future. But rather than just blindly rip up my old template and experiment with other stuff that might screw up everything in sight, I signed up for a new free Blogger site to flail the piss out of until I stumble onto something I like.

Or at least that was the general idea when I signed up for the new blog. After I got into the sign up procedure I found out that all the new blogs will be using the spanking new Blogger interface. So I got a preview of the New Blogger, and from what I've seen, it's nice. It actually works with Mozilla. Zut alors! I can actually post something longer than a short paragraph before things get out of hand. You Internet Explorer folks just have no idea of the kind of nonsense I've had to put up with posting stuff over the last six months using Mozilla, Galeon, and Opera. And naturally, by the time the Blogger powers that be get all the old blogs up and running on the new system that works with what I'm using, I will have switched from Linux to Windows.

And speaking of new blog designs, there's a new thingamajig called Strange Banana that randomly generates new blog designs that you can freely use. I haven't dug deeply into it yet, but it looks intriguing. (And if you try this out and screw your blog up, don't blame me. Back up your old template, dammit!) [Link via C:\pirillo.exe.]

No comments: