Sunday, June 22, 2003

I may not post anything tomorrow, because I'm doing something I rarely, rarely do: travel. I'm riding up to Richmond with my parents to see my sister. I never go anywhere if I can help it; I don't travel well. After several hours of being trapped in a car I'm practically hallucinating from sensory overload. I can close my eyes and it's like they're still open. And even after a few hours of unwinding, when I close my eyes to go to sleep, I can still the landscape rolling by just like I'm looking out the window of a car traveling down the highway.

I wish I could just be sedated and put into a container like they do with animals on airplanes. After we arrive I can get an injection to wake me up. Then after a few hours of witty conversation, I'd be resedated and put back into my container. But now that I think about it, the container's kind of unnecessary. They could just put the seat belt on me in the back seat and I'd be fine. As fine as an unconscious guy strapped into seat can be, I suppose.

No comments: