Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun with Hans and Fritz

In yesterday's post I threatened yet another Golden Book Encyclopedia post today if nothing interesting happened at work. Well, I'm sad to say fuck all happened at work. So I'm stuck with the Golden Book Encyclopedia since it's late and I can't think of anything else.

I randomly selected a volume. It was the same volume from two days ago. Dammit! I put it back. I randomly selected another volume. When I opened it, the first thing I saw were these Nazi girls below.



The drawing style of the Nazi girls reminded me of the great Dick and Jane books, especially the ones published in the 50's. I have some of those, so I pulled one down and opened it. Almost immediately I find the kids voluntarily marching.



"Do you want to march with me?"

"Yes, I do," said Dick.

That's how it starts. First they're just playing, next they're in the Hitler Youth.

No comments: