Friday, October 03, 2003

Scroll mouse in a haystack.

Since my faith in my car's been shaken, I didn't really want to take it all the way across town to the office supply store or, even worse, the dreaded Wal-Mart to get a new scroll mouse. I decided to check the school bookstore first. They don't carry them, but the ever helpful store manager offered to order one for me. He was dead serious. I declined. So after I hiked back to my car, I headed to the crummy office supply store which is a lot closer than the big, really cool office supply store. I roamed up and down the aisles until I found their mice selection. They had two button mice. For $14.95. I felt like screaming, "What the hell is this? Is it 1997 again?" But instead I just left.

A two button mouse? Who buys two-button mice anymore? I didn't even think they still made them. It's probably six or seven year old unsold stock.

No comments: