Sunday, October 19, 2003

New Template. Finally.

After months of wanting a new template and occasionally mentioning something about a new template, I finally got around to putting one up. It's not great, but at least it's not really ugly and/or graphics heavy.

I've been trying to find a compromise between how the template looks in IE and how it looks in Mozilla. I love Mozilla and use it all day everyday, but I know everybody and their grandma uses IE. I don't want a site that looks great in one browser and crappy in all others. Browser specific web pages drive me nuts.

I don't have it looking exactly the same in either browser, but I do have it looking decent in both. Right now it probably looks a little better in IE, which irritates me, but I'll have to live with it. Most of the credit goes to discovering the wonders of the Courier New font which displays a lot better in IE 5 than plain old Courier when blown up really big.

Despite my misgivings, I still think this template's ten times better than the ugly stock template I started with. (And I'm only referring to the template, not the blog I linked to which is actually kind of interesting.)

The best thing about this new template is I finally have permalinks. I'm not sure I've ever had them.

No comments: