Monday, April 14, 2003

I love the Extreme Tracker stats thingy, but occasionally it gives me suspect information. Several times when checking my stats to see where people are linking from, I've seen these oddball links that don't have anything to do with me. Today's weird link is from some school in the UK. I looked, but I couldn't find any reference to Volume 22, unless there's a class being taught on it: Survey of Self-Indulgent American Jackasses.

I get a little excited when I find a school web site listed as a referrer because of that bizarre incident back in December when I found out a bi-lingual school in Cali, Columbia had assigned my blog and several others as homework. The site seems to be down now, but a couple of days ago it was still up. Weirdest thing that's happened because this blog so far.

A couple of days ago I decided to go to Google to look up Syd Barrett, madman former leader of Pink Floyd before they got boring. I don't know why I hadn't done this before, I suppose it just hadn't occurred to me despite the fact that a copy of Barrett's Madcap Laughs sits in the front of a pile of CDs only three feet away from where I'm sitting now. Anyway, I out found from this site that Barrett's very much alive and apparently far better off than I expected. I thought maybe he was in an institution, catatonic or raving, lost to the world. Nope. He lives alone and basically functions like anyone else. Well, kinda.

No comments: