Friday, March 07, 2003

I didn't post a thing yesterday, the first time I've skipped a day since Christmas. I was busy most of the day and couldn't think of anything worth posting. Not that today's any different.

This morning I bought another lava lamp at the same crummy discount store. I dug out the last traditionally shaped one from inside a stack under a table. I'm now trying to decide which one I like better. Exciting, huh? I live on the edge.

One thing I haven't subjected my readers to is my love of the Oulipo, a French avant-guarde literary group whose members produce works according to strict, often mathematical, constraints, such as writing a novel containing no words with the letter "e". I've had a strong interest in this group for ten years, and was pleased to recently come across a couple of blogs (for lack of a better word) that deal with both the Oulipo and other weirdo language/literary stuff. I used to wallow in this sort of thing before I let the damn computer take over my life.

No comments: