Wednesday, January 07, 2004

So Cold... So, So Cold...

Suddenly the weather's turned cold again, almost like it was January or something. I think I've mentioned before how cold my office gets in winter. Seriously, you could probably store meat in here when it's cold outside. I thought I had the situation under control when I dragged one of those dangerous space heaters in here. You know the ones with the long glowing heating elements like they have in ovens. Actually, you could probably make toast with this thing, but I've never tried. (I'll save that for another day when I'm really bored.) I've placed it in the safest possible place, but unfortunately that safe area's a little too close to my left leg. I don't think I'm actually being cooked alive, but that one leg is a little warmer than I'd like. Naturally the rest of me, including my long suffering mouse-controlling right hand is near frozen.

A few minutes ago I was happily typing away. OK, that's a lie. I was miserably typing away, when I heard something that sounded like pphhhhhttttt (purse your lips and force out a little air to get a better idea of the sound). It was the AC thingy I had the stupid heater plugged into. It has blown out. And it doesn't have one of those reset buttons. Lovely. And it wasn't even mine. Luckily I had my big surplus AC strip nearby, so now I can finish cooking my left leg.

No comments: