Monday, January 12, 2004

Food.

I love watching cooking shows on TV. I never cook anything complicated, but I love watching someone else cook (as long as it's on TV; in real life it's not fun at all). A couple of weeks ago I was watching one of these programs and a chef was preparing two live lobsters. I'm not completely naive, I know lobsters are cooked alive. So I just assumed the chef would toss the lobsters into a big pot of boiling water and be done with it. Nope. He picked one of the lobsters up and, while it was still moving, chopped it in half length-wise with a big meat cleaver. It sort of reminded me of the episode of The Simpsons I'd seen where they go to a restaurant called the Slaughterhouse. The restaurant had live cattle on one side and you could chose the one you wanted and they'd kill it in front of you.

No comments: