Saturday, January 10, 2004

New Toy.

I've been playing around with the Narrator in Windows XP. This feature, intended for the sight-impaired, reads on-screen material in a robotic voice. Naturally, since I'm not blind, I find this feature amusing rather than helpful. A few days ago I had it reading emails I'd pasted into a text editor. Very funny (for a little while). The voice isn't appropriate for anything. It emphasizes the wrong words, sometimes dragging them out ridiculously, thus changing the tone of the text its reading. I would like to get it to read blogs for me (I've simply gotten too lazy), but even though it's supposed to work with Internet Explorer, I can't get it to read most web pages. I've yet to coax it to read a blog. Anyone have any ideas? And not just about the Narrator, either. I'll take any ideas, I'm fresh out.

No comments: