Saturday, February 08, 2003

In accounting you have a debit side and a credit side and the numbers in each column must balance or the whole thing's wrong. Going through each account, painstakingly entering each figure, making sure every adjustment is correct, double checking your sums, and then finally adding each column to reveal a perfect trial balance is truly grand. Or so I imagine. Every time I do it I end up with something like an unexplained $35,000 discrepancy. So I nitpick, I agonize, I rant, I rave, I threaten, I weep, I rip out what little hair I have left on top of my head, I beg, I plead, I curse the gods until I finally find whatever mind numbingly stupid mistake I made that screwed up everything in the first place. I fucking hate accounting! I'd rather be sodomized by a tree sloth than spend one more second adding up columns of figures.

No comments: