Sunday, February 16, 2003

I just read over at Diamond Geezer that Google has bought Blogger. In a longer article I found some info I find even more interesting than the buyout: there's an estimated 1.1 million registered Blogger users, but only an estimated 200,000 active Blogger sites. 200,000 is a far more manageable number than 1.1 million. Sometimes the sheer number of weblogs almost gives me a nosebleed.

In my opinion the best thing to come of this buyout is that the all the Blogger sites (like this one!) will be moved over to Google's servers. Google's servers are exceptionally robust, Blogger's servers run Microsoft garbage and are periodically down. This move will be a big plus. Now if Google would just buy Haloscan and Sitemeter maybe we would actually have a combination that worked.






No comments: