Thursday, November 14, 2002

Trying to do this blogging thing in a non-IE browser is frustrating at best. In IE, what I'm using right now, you have this nice area to write in that goes all the way across the page, and it'll scroll down so you can compose a really huge entry. In Netscape, Mozilla, and Mozilla-based browsers like Galeon (or at least in the older versions I use), you have an area to write in that's about two by five inches, maybe smaller. And if your entry is longer than what will fit in such a small space, a scroll bar will suddenly appear on the right, but the Post and Post & Publish buttons inexplicably disappear. So basically you can write a really long entry, you just can't post it. Lovely. In Opera the area to write in is tiny. And other features are missing, like the sign out button. So mostly I just limit myself to what I can post. If I want to compose something longer I write it and spell-check it in Star Office, save it as a text file, then paste it into Blogger using Opera and a text editor with wordwrap turned off. Tiresome, to put it mildly. And typing this in the computer lab school sucks too because I keep expecting some jackass to look over my shoulder and scream, "Hey, this dude's got a blog! Lame!"

No comments: