Tuesday, November 12, 2002

Earlier I was looking at some of the other blogs hosted by Blogger, trying to find someone who had the same template as I do and had done a lot of modifications to it. (I wanted to have a look at their HTML.) I had a heck of a time finding a blog with the same template, but eventually I did. Unfortunately the blog was being done by some religious hump with even less imagination than I have. I also confirmed my suspicion that most blogs suck. All of the blogs I read on a daily basis are done by people who have an audience of larger than two, and, more importantly, actually know how to write. Is it me or do people simply not use uppercase letters anymore? Do they even teach grammar in school anymore? Since I'm taking classes again and have daily experience with recent high school graduates, I have serious doubts anything is taught in grade school these days. I'm no genius myself; I can't spell and have a questionable grasp of basic grammar, but at least I make an attempt to have the words spelled right. (I just spell-checked this entry and found out I'd misspelled "grammar".)

Also while slogging through the blogs, I found two that were in Icelandic. There's only about 272,000 people in Iceland, so what are the chances of accidentally finding two sites in Icelandic in the space of twenty minutes or so?

No comments: