Saturday, November 16, 2002

On Saturday afternoons I always spend two and half tortuous hours watching EastEnders on the goddamn useless BBC America channel. Why those morons won't run EastEnders normally so that watching it isn't an endurance contest I'll never know. I truly hate BBC America. They're only interested in showing home improvement junk over and over and over. I don't know why they have any viewers left at all. Maybe they're trying to wreck the channel. Maybe it's like The Producers, where Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder were trying to make a guaranteed Broadway flop. Well BBC America has definitely succeeded in making a flop. And I fully expect them to cancel EastEnders at the end of the year, leaving me only the hour-long block of three year old episodes my local PBS channel has shown for years on Sunday nights. A pox on BBC America!

Update 9/28/03: If you've come here by way of a Google search looking for information on BBC America's cancellation of EastEnders, I've written a far longer rambling diatribe. Go to my front page and read the Sunday September 28, 2003 entry.

No comments: