Saturday, November 16, 2002

AAARRGGHH!!! All I wanted to do is put a stupid counter on my blog and I ended up having to reinvent the wheel. The Site Meter people make it easy enough, all you have to do is type in a few things and they do everything else. Well, they do everything for you if your browser's compatible. Originally I was just going to paste the code in, but after I saw that I could have it done automatically, I decided that was a safer option. And then the horror started. It didn't work with Galeon. I tried it twice. It didn't work with Mozilla. And it didn't work with Opera. By this time I was begging to be killed. So I just gave up and pasted it in from a text editor. Naturally this solution worked flawlessly as far as I can tell.

And don't even ask me why I want some counter on my site; it's not like I think I have lots of traffic. But I suppose it would nice to know if someone has blundered across this page.

No comments: