Saturday, November 23, 2002

I'm jealous of those fancy blogs that use Moveable Type, they always look so slick and sophisticated. (I said they "looked" sophisticated, not that they were sophisticated; most of them reveal their shabbiness after you read a few words.) Most other blogs look primitive compared to those done with MT, although I have seen a couple of ratty-looking ones that might as well have been done with a text editor and an eight year old how-to book on HTML. But I don't know why I bother moaning about such stuff, I can't use Moveable Type anyway because there's no version for Linux and I don't feel like taking out a bank loan to buy a version of Windows.

Doing entries in a wordprocessor is pretty convenient, or at least it's better than doing them in the browser where I don't have all the functionality I'd have if I were using IE. (God, I'm so boring.)

For me the best part of the weekend is Friday around three or four o'clock because I've just finished the regular week and have the next two days to look forward to. Once I wake up Saturday morning I can feel the weekend sliding away from me at a rapid pace. I'm one of those people who always sees the glass as half full even when it's filled to overflowing.

What do I do on Saturdays? I watch EastEnders and reruns of Beverly Hills 90210 (yeah, I said it). The rest of the day is spent sitting in front of my computer endlessly looking at random web pages. Exciting stuff, huh? What I do on Sundays is even less interesting.

No comments: