Sunday, November 24, 2002

Recently I've been paying more attention to those ads (or whatever you call them) people put on their sites where they're basically begging for money by asking for Amazon gift certificates or monetary donations through PayPal. I should put up one of those things so that I can see how much money I can raise for a copy of Windows XP. I hate Microsoft, but if Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer came to my house and gave me a copy of XP I'd use it in a second (although I'm quite positive it'd take a lot longer to install). I have another idea. I love Linux and the Open Source movement, but Microsoft hates them. If Microsoft wants to make converts, à la Apple's "switch" ads, they should give away free copies of their software to people who don't use any of it, like me. I'd abandon Linux and Open Source completely if Microsoft would give me full legal copies of Windows XP and Office XP. I'd even do a commercial for them denouncing Linux as evil, communistic, and downright un-American. What do you say, Microsoft? Is it a deal?

It sucks trying to sell out when no one's buying.

No comments: