Wednesday, November 05, 2003

More Bad Ideas.

Instead of washing your kid's mouth out with soap when he says a bad word, why not try Oops Paste? This product is one of those things that's incredibly stupid, but yet it'll probably make a lot of money. I wish I'd thought of it. [Link via Metafilter.]

Once when I was in the third grade, I think, a kid said shit and the teacher heard it. She dragged him to the sink (each class had a sink in the back of the room), held him in a head-lock, and washed his mouth out with a bar of soap while he fought and yelled. I even remember that the brand of soap was Jergens, which we never used at home (thus making it seem to me somewhat exotic). To this day, all these years later, I still can't see a bar of Jergens soap without remembering that enraged teacher with that struggling kid in a head-lock.

No comments: