Thursday, November 13, 2003

5 PRINT "{CLR/HOME}"

Like a lot of nerds back in the 80's, I got a Commodore 64 for Christmas. Unlike most of those nerds, I didn't really accomplish anything with mine. I didn't learn to program, didn't hack, and didn't go on to become a dot com millionaire. But at least I still have it, and it's still in the original box. (Take that, you rich nerds!) I even have the 5 1/4 inch floppy drive, also in the original box.

Even though my ancient Commodore 64 still works, I think, I really don't feel like hooking it up to the TV. (Yes, kids, we used TV sets as monitors back then.) So, to quench my nostalgic thirst, I downloaded an emulator called VICE. I've only messed around with a little, but it's pretty close to what I remember. I even got out my old Commodore user's guide. So, if anyone needs me, I'll be in 1985.

No comments: