Monday, November 17, 2003

Every Thrift Store's an Art Gallery.

For the past week or so everybody's been linking to lists or galleries of album covers: worst album covers of all time, son of the worst album covers of all time, record covers that never existed, etc., etc., blah, blah, blah. But I'm not going to present the same damn links as everyone else. Nope. I can find my own album cover links.

It's All Under the Hat would get my award for the coolest web design I've seen recently if I gave out awards for web design, which I don't. They have a interesting selection of strange album cover art from the 50's and 60's. It's a Dutch site, so the selection isn't quite the same thing you'd get on an American site. And they have more than record cover galleries.

UN-beat-ABLE record covers is another Dutch site. What else can I say. Galleries of interesting record covers. Either you love this stuff or your don't.

Sex! Drugs! Rock'n'roll!...and some record covers comes out of Slovenia, but it's all in English. More typical of the things you'd see on an American collection of weirdo album cover art. Another page is devoted to the peculiar world of fake Mexican music from Yugoslavia. Yes, you read it right the first time.

Ever wonder what Elvis record covers from Japan looked like? No, me neither.

And to top it all off, I found a great article on the making of the Buzzcock's infamous Orgasm Addict cover art by Linder Sterling. (Warning: nudie bits!)

[All links via the unholy mix of soul-destroying boredom and Google.]

No comments: