Friday, November 14, 2003

Horrible, Horrible Things.

I have a vile, unspeakable thing hanging over my head that's giving me the willies. In a couple of weeks I have to give a big speech on a "controversial" topic (blah) that's going to be worth a large chunk of my grade. Why am I required to take a speech class? Once I get out of this class, I have no intention of giving any speeches in the real or the imaginary world. I'm simply not good at standing in front of large groups of people and telling them things. Logic tells me they're not going to attack me, but the idea of standing in front of a group of people still fills me with terror.

You'd think that by the end of the semester I'd be used to giving speeches by now since I've already done several, but I'm not. Actually, if it's possible, I think my fear has gotten worse. My last two speeches didn't really go that well and I think that shook what little confidence I had. This upcoming speech could cause me to completely freak out. I can see the teacher's comments now, "Next time try not to run screaming out of the classroom."

No comments: