Monday, June 09, 2008

That doesn't go in there.

Today at work I was working beside the crazy guy again. He was relatively quiet for the most part, but at one point I heard him using the air hose and it didn't sound quite right. Instead of just a few blasts of air to clear the coolant and aluminum chips off the part, there was a single, long blast of air. And the blast had an odd quasi-vocal quality to it. I looked over and he was shooting air into one side of his mouth. The right side of his cheek was inflated and his mouth was stretched out.



Yes, I know that's a supremely lousy drawing, but I thought it might better illustrate the sight I witnessed. (I once got an A in a college drawing class: strange, but true!)

"You know oil comes out of those," I said. (Microscopic droplets of machine oil come out of air compressors, not just air.)

"Yeah, I know," he said, smiling.

No comments: