Saturday, June 21, 2008

Masterpieces of American Cinema

Something I haven't written about here is that for the past several weeks, I've watched at least one movie every single day. Sadly, since I'm a cheapskate, the movies tend to be schlock I find in the dollar DVD bins at the discount stores.

I've watched three movies today (so far), but I'm only going to mention one of them: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians. This is one of the classics of bad cinema and something I've sort of wanted to watch since the 80's.



What can I say about it? Well, it was bad, but no where near as bad as I'd thought. And I didn't have the overwhelming urge to bludgeon the director, writer, and cast to death with a table leg, which is how I felt after watching I ♥ Huckabees, so that's a good thing.

One thing I will mention is that the Martians had green makeup on their faces, but the print was dark at times the movie looked like a bizarre minstrel show. (Incidentally, that's Pia Zadora as the Martian on the left.)

No comments: