Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mystery Hill

Yesterday's post about a local gravity hill inspired me to see if I could find that ancient brochure I mentioned in the comments. For many years my parents have had a drawer with nothing in it but travel brochures and maps. Some of this stuff is older than I am. Since my family never throws anything away, I figured there was a good chance this brochure was still in there even though I probably hadn't seen it in twenty years or more. Well, after a bit of digging, I found it.

I thought this place was in Florida, but it's actually in Blowing Rock, North Carolina. My mother said everything was built on an angle and it made her physically ill. (Which probably explains why we never went back despite the fact that my sister and I really wanted to go.) She's also never heard of the local gravity hill.



I don't know if I could stand the terror of that "Spooky Spigot."



Looks quaint, huh? Wish you go there, don't you? You're all sad because stuff like this doesn't exist anymore, aren't you? Don't lie! Well, guess what? It still exists and they have a website. They even still feature the "Spooky Spigot!" Run for your lives!

No comments: