Monday, April 10, 2006

Stoopit ad

I saw a strange banner ad over the weekend. It wasn't as strange as past ones I've seen, but it was still kind of odd. Western Union is holding some kind of contest, but they chose an illustration that not only doesn't quite make any sense, it's also vaguely obscene. I can understand the guy wearing a crown because he's just won a million dollars, but why is he holding yarn? Why does the yarn look weirdly like a penis? And I don't even want to get into the knitting needles jabbed into the nuts of the yarn dong. (Wasn't The Nuts of the Yarn Dong the title of an old Marlon Brando movie from the very early 60's?) Is he also giving me the finger? Or is that a thumbs up? Or maybe it's that stupid sign language gesture that's like a thumbs up, but with the pinky extended as well. It's usually displayed by morons trying to be cool while screaming, "WOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

But now that I think about it, if I won a million dollars, I wouldn't have any trouble at all strolling around town wearing a crown at a jaunty angle, holding a huge dildo in one hand, and flipping the bird with the other.

No comments: