Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Why don't we do it in the road?

As I lurched home from another tedious night's work, I came upon a strange scene. I saw what appeared to be a bird simply sitting in the road furiously flapping its wings. Actually, I wasn't sure if it was a bird at all. Perhaps it was just something flapping in the wind, but, no, it was a bird. Why was it simply sitting in the road, ignoring my oncoming car? It suddenly it flew away revealing a second bird. This bird seemed dazed and didn't fly away as I drove past, missing it only by a few feet. What was going on? Then I realized the birds were having sex right there in the goddamn road.

They were cardinals, if you're interested in that sort of thing. It doesn't really improve the story knowing what kind of birds they were, but I just thought I'd let you know since someone with even less of a life than I have is bound to ask. But the story's not that interesting anyway.

Now if they'd been Cardinals, then it would be a really interesting story, but only if they were in full regalia.

No comments: