Saturday, January 25, 2003

Last night I did something I almost never do anymore, I actually watched a movie. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas isn't exactly good, but it's nowhere near as a bad as I had expected. I'm rarely glad when some lunatic decides to make a movie of one of my favorite books (David Cronenberg should be horse-whipped in public for what he did to Naked Lunch), but this movie stuck pretty much to the book and wasn't a complete travesty. Of course, I'll never watch it again, but it was a fairly painless way to kill some time.

Want to know what I think is the worst movie of all time is? No? Well, I'll tell you anyway, it's Boxing Helena. I view the world as a crude and stupid place that grinds everything beautiful and inspiring to mush, but since Jennifer Chambers Lynch hasn't been given a cent to write and/or direct another movie since she barfed out Boxing Helena, I can hold this up as proof that there is some justice in the world. It's the most boring, pretentious, and clichéd thing I've ever suffered through. Absolutely insulting. Avoid it at all costs.

No comments: