Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Grounded.

I promised myself I wasn't going to write anymore about computers (that is until mine finally dies and I'm reduced to using a 486 running DOS--seriously, I'm not kidding about the 486), but I do want to call attention to what I consider the ultimate killer app for Windows: NoteTab. It's a text editor. Yes, a text editor. If you've never used it the only way I can describe it is that it has tabs like Mozilla. And if you haven't used Mozilla or NoteTab then, in my opinion, you're missing out on everything that makes using a PC great. Tabs are the only thing that separates us from the animals. I can't describe the joy of being able to quickly tab among three or four documents while editing or composing. The trouble is I don't think there's anything quite like NoteTab for Linux. I do most of my writing in NoteTab, especially blog entries. Suddenly having to do them on a (tabless) word processor or on a different (and equally tabless) text editor is like suddenly losing the ability to fly.

No comments: