Sherri posted this new meme thingy that looks intriguiging. Actually, it just looks like an easy to way to do a post without breaking a sweat.
What you do:
1. Go to Wikipedia.
2. In the Search box, type your birth month and day (but not year).
3. List three events that happened on your birthday.
4. List two important birthdays and one interesting death.
5. List any holidays
6. Post it.
Simple! Whatever. [Grumble.]
My birthday's March 24th.
1. OK, three events. Hmmm... In 1832 a group of men tarred and feathered Mormon leader Joseph Smith Jr. In 1973 Pink Floyd released Dark Side of the Moon. And in 1989 the Exxon Valdez, with a sleeping drunk at the helm, ran aground and dumped an ass-load of oil on the Alaskan coast.
2. Two important birthdays. I have several interesting people sharring my birthday and I recall writing a post about it once or twice over the past few years. Here's two: Harry Houdini and Wilhelm Reich.
3. One important death. Only one? But there's so many. OK. Jules Verne.
4. Any holidays? How about World Tuberculosis Day? Party down!