Friday, July 16, 2004

Infrared, Part II.

Yes, more point-and-shoot infrared stuff. Bear with me.

I have two digital cameras, the one I took the shots I posted yesterday is a good snapshot camera and my other one is a glorified webcam that I paid $25 for. (I've seen it on sale for $10.) I decided to see how well the $25 piece of junk took infrared photos. The results surprised me. Even though the images produced by this camera are small, pixelated, and somewhat distorted, they ended up coming out far better than the pictures taken by the more expensive camera: 1, 2, 3, 4.

Later, I found out how to make a infrared filter using two layers of exposed color print film. I decided to test this new filter against my earlier one. I can't decide which I like better: 1, 2, 3, 4.

This morning I decided to try one layer of exposed film. Surprisingly, even though the filter passed visible light, the vegetation had that "infrared look": 1, 2.

Then I tried the combination of red filter, linear polarizer, and circular polarizer. The results seemed to be closer to color infrared images I've seen: 1, 2.

No comments: