Friday, February 05, 2010

Why am I Always the Last to Know?

This is an old blog. A very old blog. An ancient blog. A blog so old that it was originally done on a manual typewriter connected to a long string and a can. Blogs I used to read have come and gone, mostly gone. And I don't even bother to read that many blogs these days. So it was easy for me to miss a post the recently reactivated Sherri put up about the commenting system we ancient bloggers use because our blogs are so old that Blogger didn't even have a built-in commenting system way back in the olden days when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

What am I talking about? Haloscan, the commenting system I've used for over seven years is ceasing to exist on February 13th. Which means all the comments this blog has accumulated for over seven years will be gone. I can back them up, in fact, I've already done so, but they won't be accessible any longer unless I subscribe to this new service called Echo or some shit. So I can either pay money for this new unproven thing or just dump it and go with Blogger's built-in system. I think I'm just going to cut my losses and stick with Blogger.

8 comments:

Scott said...

This is a test comment.

Murphy Jacobs said...

and this is a test comment to answer your comment.

Yay! I'm glad you came over to see me.

Severina said...

I think I failed this test.

Scott said...

Get off my internet.

Just telling it like it is said...

Scut,
I had no idea haloscan was old school. That is about how much I know about bloggerville...why do you not read my blog?

Scott said...

I'm not really reading anyone's blog these days. I plead laziness.

Helen said...

Holy crap. I come expecting to see the same posts that were up last time, and it's not even the same format. I panicked there for a second. As for the loss of comments, that is lame ass. Half the entertainment is in the comments.

Also, the word verification looks like a code word for pooping..."acenvoid".

Just telling it like it is said...

What I don't take that for a valid answer...I mean hello I write about sex and how much I love you